Friday 4 September 2015

A new chapter?

So, after 5 years at the same school, with the same people and the same attitude, I am finally able to move on. After finishing my exams and relaxing over the summer it's time for me to start college. I always imagined this to be an overwhelming and scary time and although those things are both true, it's also filled with excitement and happiness. I didn't like school, it was an environment where I didn't feel comfortable at all. I found it lowered my self-esteem and confidence and I was never truly happy there. I didn't like the people, the place or the pressure. This is why I'm so looking forward to college, it's like a whole new start in a place I am able to properly relax and enjoy my education, unlike before. 

I believe that first impressions stick. I also believe that this is one of the reasons I hated school so much. I feel like I wasn't truly being myself when I first started because I was so shy and I guess that stuck with me. This is now a time that I am able to reinvent myself and become the person I wanted to be before. I'll be in a completely different environment with different people and that makes me extremely happy.

I also suffer with anxiety which is something I was really worried about. I was worried it would take over again and I would become the same person I was before but I've realised that I'm in control. I'm the only one that can change and make a difference to my life. This a chance for me to be happier and more confident and there's no doubt in my mind that I'm going to do my best with the situation.

This is a completely different chapter in my life and I can't wait. I'm not saying I'm going to become a whole different person over night, but I am saying that I want to become a better version of myself. So to anyone who is in the same position, whether it be starting college, or high school, or university or even just moving up a year, good luck. No matter you want to achieve this year, if you try your best you'll succeed.

"Your dreams don't work unless you do."

Bye Bugs xox 

No comments:

Post a Comment