Sunday 1 February 2015

The Magic of Music

I believe music is one of the most powerful influences in the world. Whether it's instrumental of full of heart warming lyrics, everyone has that one special song that means a lot to them. Music accompanies most parts of life, there's pretty much a song for everything. There's so many genres of music out there and everyone seems to have such a big opinion on it, but what's the point in arguing about artists as long as they make amazing music for people to listen to?

Music is something that has been a massive part of my life for a very long time, it gets me through every situation and its something for me to rely on. I don't typically stick to one genre, I like to mix it up defending on my mood. But, something has been bothering me with the music community lately, its always been a very competitive industry but why are so many people fighting over it? Obviously most teens stick to an artist they've fallen in love with and that's great. However, when people start arguing over it I start to question what the point is. Music is something beautiful and creative (the majority of the time) and its meant to bring people pleasure, so what's with all the politics? With all of the horrific things going on in the world should we really be fighting with people over something like music?

This blog post was purely about reminding people of what the point of music is and how ridiculous some people are being. Songwriters put so much effort into creating music and I think its time everyone starts realising and respecting that fact. 2014 has been a great year for music so I thought I'd add some of my favourite songs and (in my opinion) some of the post amazing pieces from the last year or so below.

Take Me To Church- Hozier
 
 
 
 
Sam Smith- Lay Me Down
 
 
 
 
Ella Henderson- Empire
 
 
 
 
5 Seconds Of Summer- Social Casualty
 
 
 
 
Birdy- Not About Angels
 
 
 
Taylor Swift- Style
 
 
 
Arctic Monkeys- R U Mine?
 
 
 
 
One Direction- Fool's Gold
 
 
 
 
Imagine Dragons- Demons
 
 
 
 
M83- Wait
 
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAwYodrBr2Q


Thanks for reading,
Bye bugs xox
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment